Sunday, February 13, 2011

Look to Britto for a little love...





Just a thought to store away for next year....

I love love love Jim Dine- do not get me wrong (and love to use his prints as inspiration for Valentine's Day lessons)- however I was in Miami this past weekend and visited Britto Central - Romero Britto's Gallery on Lincoln Road.
They had an entire wall of hearts - to boot the paintings were hung in the formation of a heart for Valentine's Day. I didn't get to take a picture and can't seem to find one but I'm going to email the gallery and ask for one for teaching purposes. The images above were some examples of the hearts though.
His paintings would be great inspiration for Valentine's Day art class lessons!

2 comments:

  1. Oooops, never heard of this artist before! I googled him and found other possibilities too.
    He can be used in animal projects as well. Children will love his colours, I'm sure of it! Thanks for charing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Britto. I met him about 12 years ago and still love his work. This is the perfect inspiration for me for my students this month. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete