Monday, October 17, 2011

unexpected sources of motivation & inspiration

I had a really interesting weekend and Monday!


Today I saw Shine Brite Zamorano's post about Lee Gainer mentioning our cylinder lesson on her blog! So cool!
I emailed her today as well to thank her- she sent along two more great artist resources too:
Amy Genser and Hadieh Shafie
She also mentioned she was partially influenced by SUSHI for the body of work that we examined.

Additionally, this weekend I was in Baltimore, yesterday I decided to take a break from the football game viewing and go for a walk- I walked by a t-shirt store and decided to go in because the designs reminded me so much of I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean. It turns out it was- the store was Squidfire- the company that Kevin Sherry and his friend started. The guy working there was one of the screen-printer's and coincidentally moved there from Boston and used to go Tufts and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston like I did for grad school. I was able to take pictures of all the underwater creatures hanging around the store and see the amazing amount of designs they create. Really fun especially considering I recently used the book as a reference for the Kinder Fish and Octopus Pictures lessons.



No comments:

Post a Comment