Friday, March 23, 2012

Magnified Insects


1. Magnifying Glasses--- made from 6" paper plates, painted with the sparkly prang watercolors as an extra treat for the kids. 

2. Paint the dirt and grass! --- paint spots of brown watercolor paint, paint the remaining white space with green water color, then stamp with mat board scraps in green tempera. 

3. Insect Study-- students drew 1 large ladybug and 3 or more small ladybugs. 

4. I hot glued the magnifying glasses above the big ladybugs to show how they work. 


Students who had extra time added on a grasshopper. 

Lastly we made a hand and arm (one of my first grader's ideas!! so great!).











1 comment:

  1. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    מדביר ברחובות

    ReplyDelete